The Swedenborg Foundation is pleased to announce that we are seeking a full-time director of development.
The director of development will spearhead fundraising efforts for our growing organization. One of the immediate goals for this newly created position will be to coordinate current fundraising activities and develop strategies for taking our fundraising activities to the next level. An essential part of the job will be to establish and cultivate relationships with donors at all levels of giving.
Job duties include:
- Develop and manage the Swedenborg Foundation’s annual fundraising plan, ensuring that fundraising activities are carried out in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors, including cultivating prospects among our base of new and current individual donors
- Create and execute a long-term strategy to develop a large, sustained base of annual individual donors
- Develop and implement a planned giving program as part of the fundraising activities described above
- Coordinate the design, printing, and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that fundraising goals are being achieved
The mission of the Swedenborg Foundation is to promote engagement with the thought of Emanuel Swedenborg, an eighteenth-century scientist and theologian. Previous familiarity with Swedenborg is not necessary, but a successful candidate will be able to absorb his ideas, engage with donors who are passionate about them, and communicate the mission of the organization with energy and enthusiasm.
- B.A. in a related field; M.A. and/or a certificate in fundraising management a plus
- Five or more years of fundraising experience
- Knowledge of federal and state legislation affecting charities
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
Although the candidate will ideally be in the Philadelphia metropolitan area, working remotely is also a possibility. We offer a full range of benefits including health, dental, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, and paid vacations. Salary commensurate with experience. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com or Swedenborg Foundation, 320 North Church Street, West Chester, PA 19380.